Smart utility networks and smart cities have many common communications requirements and can be supported by the same networking architecture.
How Wi-SUN is MakingCities Smarter
What are the benefits?
Key to Growth
Open standards and interoperability are the key to smart city growth.
Mesh Networks are designed to be flexible and enable highly reliable connectivity, even in the most challenging environments.
IoT Analytics estimates that the connected streetlights market will surpass US$3.6 billion in 2023, and will grow with a CAGR of 21%.
In a recent report IoT Analytics identified Miami as the world’s number one city for connected streetlights, with nearly 500,000 units of connected streetlights deployed by Itron and Florida Power & Light , supported by Wi-SUN technology.
Paris is number two with 280,000 connected streetlights retrofitted by Itron across the city with a Wi-SUN mesh network.
Why Cities should join the Wi-SUN Alliance?
- Gain maximum access to the technology ecosystem
- Help promote wider adoption by new solutions
- Gain access to the specifications
- Feed in their requirements to specification and alliance activities
- Meet and speak to other industry influencers around the world implementing Wi-SUN solutions
- It’s free for cities to join!