Wi-SUN Alliance Recognizes Key Contributors for Launch of the Wi-SUN FAN Certification Program
Standards and interoperability are key to continued growth for the IoT industry. The availability of certified Wi-SUN FAN solutions delivers on our mission to offer utilities, cities and service providers adaptable multi-service networks that will help ensure interoperability today and for future generations.
The Wi-SUN FAN Certification Program is the result of the vision, collaboration and dedication of numerous Wi-SUN member companies and individuals. In March 2019, at our member meeting in Atlanta, GA we took the opportunity to recognize the following individuals and companies that went above and beyond in the leadership, innovation and commitment to deliver the Wi-SUN FAN certification program.
- Paul Duffy – Co-chair of the FAN Working Group and Technical Editor of the FAN Technical Profile Specification
- Don Sturek – Co-chair of the FAN Working Group and Technical Editor of the FAN Certification Test Specification
- Veselin Ganev – Built and validated the Alpha test bed at Cisco, assisted with the commissioning at Allion Test Labs and was a lead contributor to validating the FAN test specification and test equipment.
- Wesley Chan – Lead at Allion Labs for implementing the Wi-SUN Fan test environment.
- Rakesh Kumar – a key contributor to the Wi-SUN FAN test bed environment.
- Junichi Iwana on behalf on Thomas Schmitz – a key contributor in the provision of test bed devices and validation of the FAN certification test specification.
- Yoshio Kashiwagi – a key contributor in the provision of test bed devices and validation of the FAN certification test specification.
- Procubed – provider of Wi-SUN FAN Test Equipment
- Gloria Yang on behalf of Allion Labs – built the first Wi-SUN FAN Test Lab
- Jeff Lund on behalf of Cisco – significant contribution made in building the Alpha Test bed and validating the FAN Technical Profile Specification and Certification Test Specification.
- Junichi Iwana on behalf on Renesas Electronics – significant contribution in validating the FAN test specification and test environment