Wi-SUN Alliance announces feature complete Field Area Network Technical Profile Specification
The specification brings Smart Utility Networks to enterprises, service providers and municipalities by enabling interoperable, multi-service and secure IPv6 communications over an IEEE 802.15.4gTM-based wireless mesh network. Mesh-enabled field area networks provide resilient, secure and cost effective connectivity with extremely good coverage in a range of topographical environments, from dense urban neighborhoods to rural areas, with minimal additional infrastructure.
Find out more about the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN:
- Watch an animation of the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN (below).
- See how the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN benefits Utility companies.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN.
- Read the press release here.
|Thursday October 27|
October 2016 Member Meeting
|Tuesday November 1|
|Tuesday November 15|
LPWA European Utility Week / Smart City Expo
|Monday January 23|
IoT Tech Expo Global
|Tuesday March 7|
India Smart Grid Week 2017
In the News
- Wi-Sun Alliance Expands Support for Latin America Smart Infrastructure
- Wi-Sun Alliance Expands Support for Asia Smart Infrastructure
- Wi-SUN Alliance opens certification program for Home Area Network communication for ECHONET Lite
- Wi-SUN Alliance expands support for Smart Cities in India
- Wi-SUN Alliance expands support for Smart Cities worldwide