Visit Wi-SUN Alliance at Distributech 2016 in Orlando.
Wi-SUN Alliance will be exhibiting at Ditributech 9-11 February 2016 in Orlando, FL.
Please see here for more details.
Wi-SUN Alliance announces feature complete Field Area Network Technical Profile Specification
The specification brings Smart Utility Networks to enterprises, service providers and municipalities by enabling interoperable, multi-service and secure IPv6 communications over an IEEE 802.15.4gTM-based wireless mesh network. Mesh-enabled field area networks provide resilient, secure and cost effective connectivity with extremely good coverage in a range of topographical environments, from dense urban neighborhoods to rural areas, with minimal additional infrastructure.
Find out more about the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN:
- Watch an animation of the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN.
- See how the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN benefits Utility companies.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Wi-SUN Alliance FAN.
- Read the press release here.
The Wi-SUN Alliance promotes the adoption of open industry standards for
- Wireless Smart Utility Networks and related applications as defined by international and regional standards development organizations.
- It seeks to advance wireless Smart Utility Networks worldwide and related interoperability and compliance certification programs.
- Other activities include user education, industry outreach and other support programs as well as lobbying regional regulatory bodies for spectrum allocation for smart grid services.
Click here to see how Wi-SUN Alliance can benefit your organisation.